Sunday, March 15, 2009

Giving advice

Crystal,

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with this whole diet and weighing in thing right now. If it is too hard for you, then get you scale fixed and go back to how you were doing it, I won't think any less of you. I have had urges to get onto the scale in the last couple of days and have fought them off so far. So I know that it must be hard for you, again, it was just an idea. If you can't do it and feel you do better with weighing in more often, then go for it, I don't want to hinder your progress.

I think right now you have a lot on your plate and so you are finding comfort in food. The stress is just too much for you and you are having a hard time balancing everything with all that is going on. My advice to you would be for you to just think of this as you are doing it for you, and that no matter what you need to do this. Trust me, you are preaching to the congregation, I know how hard it is, as you see today I fell off the wagon, and I do it a lot more than you do.

This is what I ate today:

b-none
s-none
L-Wendys Chicken Club sandwich,1/2 the french fries, and about 1/2 of my Dr. Pepper
S-None
D-a piece of steak

I have had an apple with a little caramel here tonight at work, and if I get hungry I have veggies with light ranch and yogurt that I can snack on.

I did hit the gym today, I did 30 minutes or so of cardio and then I did strength training for another 20 minutes. I really enjoy myself when I am at the gym. Crys, you should really look into getting into one, I think it would help ease a lot of stress that you are having. I am so proud of you for dancing around the house today, that is really cool. I think I am going to have to do that tomorrow, you know just to shake things up a bit and keep my body guessing, then I can go to the gym and get on the bike and do the circuit.

You know, this just hit me. It is proven that stress hinders a womans ability to lose weight. We may not be seeing the results we want because certain hormones and chemicals are still being released into our body to help us deal with stress. We need to find a way to let it go!

I talked to a friend of mine tonight when I stopped by Albertsons for my munchies and we got to talking and she said that we should not worry about tomorrow because God gives us the present and tomorrow will soon be the present. It makes sense to me. So, as hard as it is for me, I am going to try living one day at a time and enjoying the present. See if that doesn't relieve any stress.

Okay chickie I am going to say that I am a bit upset that we haven't been able to Skype as much as I would like. And it is neither of our faults, it is just something that bothers me. You are one of the very few people that I feel so close and connected to and I love talking to you on Skype, for right now that is the closest I can get to you. I really wish our lives weren't so busy. I sometimes despise how busy I am and the fact that I don't get to do what I would really love to do most of the time. I can only imagine how you feel, and I hope I have a good imagination because you deal with so much alone, I at least have some help.

Okay, I hope I didn't miss anything that you had posted about. If I did I am sorry, I will address it later.

Love ya bunches missy,
Jenn