Sunday, July 24, 2011

Thanks

Hey you,

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. You're right on so many levels that life does get in the way and to be honest it sucks. It sucks because you are part of my life and yet my life here gets in the way of me connecting with you.

I know how hard it is to take care of your gram, and trust me I would not fault you one iota if you complained for just a second about the difficulty. You are doing a fantastic job with her and no one, not one single solitary soul can fault you for what you are doing. Furthermore, when you finally do have to lay your gram to rest, you will know in the deepest parts of your soul that you did everything you could to make sure her life was the best it could be. I am absolutely positive that she enjoys seeing you and Gab and is appreciative of what you are doing.

Here is something someone sent me in my e-mail and I thought I would share it. I sent it to your aol email address, but I know sometimes you don't get what I send you so I thought I would post it on here:

This is something we should all read at least once a week!!!!! Make sure you read to the end!!!!!!

Written by Regina Brett, 90 years old, of the Plain Dealer, Cleveland, Ohio .

"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It is the most requested column I've ever written.

My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:

1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.

3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.

5. Pay off your credit cards every month.

6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.

8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.

9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.

10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.

11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.

12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.

13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.

15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.

16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.

17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.

18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.

19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.

21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.

23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.

24. The most important sex organ is the brain.

25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.

26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'

27. Always choose life.

28. Forgive everyone everything.

29. What other people think of you is none of your business.

30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.

31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

33. Believe in miracles.

34.. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.

35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.

36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.

37. Your children get only one childhood.

38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.

39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.

40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.

41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.

42. The best is yet to come...

43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

44.. Yield.

45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."


I think that we have a lot we can take away from those words. How simple yet true they are.

I am SUPER EXCITED about True Blood tonight. I know that you are going to a concert with Bird so I don't know if you will even be home to watch it, but it will give us something more to talk about! Just another commonality.

I think what you said about our friendship have the great basis it does that allows us to go for a while without talking is so true. I think we have a great foundation and no one will ever be able to take that from us. I am going to be selfish though and say that I really get...I don't know if the word jealous is right....but I hate not being able to see you or be able to go places with you. Yes, your friends in CT see you seldom but they still have you right there. I am 2000 miles away and take out photos of my trip up there to see you. I keep talking to Jeff about moving and he isn't adverse to it, but we do have to start saving some money so we can eventually make the move up there. It is very expensive to move and although we may have help to move, it always takes more, trust me. But, at least we are on the same page now and have a common goal to work toward. My goal is to be up there in about 5 years. Gosh, the kids will already be 8!

Well, I've caught a summer cold. Actually the baby somehow caught it and was gracious enough to pass it along to Jeff and I. I feel horrible. Stuffed up nose and sinuses....oh well, medicine helps it a little bit.

Jadon is doing well, trying to grow up in a hectic household is proving difficult for him. Jeff and I just keep telling him what the right decisions would be. He is super smart, just like his daddy. He's reading at a 5th grade level already and only going into the 2nd grade! I'm so super proud of him.

It makes me sad to her about Maria's little boy, but hey God prepared her for what she was going to be dealt. That's great. I love the fact that she kind of has oxymoronic degrees! How cool. In reference to me and wanting to do the degree, don't get me wrong I love learning about it and am ALWAYS thinking how I can apply what I learn to everyday life. I even can pick up on some things like out of books, movies, or crime shows. You know me though, I am always second guessing what should be the obvious. I love criminal justice but I also love medicine. It's just so hard to be sure that I am doing the right thing. A friend of mine posted on facebook the other day a quote that said something to the effect of: It is never to late to learn what you want and do what you want to do. I questioned her and said: What if I don't know what I want to do? In which she responded in her very lawyer like way: You re-read the statement. So, I think I just need to go with what I am doing. If it was meant to be another way then it would have happened another way. But it is happening this way for a reason.

I know that one day we will get a break but something tells me we will have to make it happen, it just isn't going to fall into place for us. So, until then, I will look forward to the next 22 months until you come see me! God only knows where we will be in 22 months, but in any regard just to see you will be fantastical! Then, I will continue to work hard and put into place a plan to move up there in about 5 years, so your visit will break the 5 years in half!

Okay girlie, Caleb is laying down, so I am probably going to go try and lay down and rest. I have to start work tomorrow and am not feeling too well. By the way, if you get a chance and haven't done so already, go by Wendy's and get a Mixed Berry Lemonade if they offer it, they are so yummy, cool, and refreshing!

Love you long time.

Jenn