Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I think I'm in trouble....

Hey you,

How's everything going? I hope that it is going well. I really hope that gram is getting treated better and that physical therapy is going good. How is Gab with her sickness? I think she shared it with me because I am sick right now. Nothing really bad, just a sore throat, runny nose, a little bit of a cough and I'm tired.

Well, I think that I am in a lot of trouble. Words that we have exchanged in the past is hitting home and true right now and I really need to tell you about it. I really want you to analyze this and tell me what you think. I will try and be as clear as crystal when I tell you what is going on.

You have told me time and time again that when the children's actions begin to get into the way of normal living that it is time for intervention. Well, I think I'm there and have been for some time. Let's see if I can get this out in a fashion that will give you a good understanding of why I think there is a problem.

1.) Caleb almost refuses to wear any type of underwear besides Batman. I have to practically bribe him and lie to him about where his Batman underwear are. I tell him things like they are in the washer, when in fact they are in the dirty clothes. At least I haven't gotten to the point of doing a special load of laundry or going to the store to buy him more Batman underwear.

2.) Caleb and all the kids really, have control of the television. Jeff and I can never watch a television show without someone getting mad, crying or yelling about wanting to watch cartoons. In Caleb's case, he is into watching movies right now and always wants to watch the same 2 movies. So, in order to keep him from screaming and stuff, we give in (I know it's wrong) and let him watch a movie, or bribe him to watch the cartoons with the kids.

3.) Caleb absolutely refuses to do almost anything that he is told to do. He doesn't take a nap (well sometimes, at like 3-4 pm and then he is up till 11), he doesn't pick up his toys, he doesn't throw things away. Point in case: tonight, he didn't want his cheese stick anymore so I told him to pick it up off the couch and go throw it away. He looked at me and said "You throw it away." So, I took him by the hand, walked him over to the trash, and forced him to throw his cheese stick away. Even then he told me: "You threw it away."

4.) It is so bad that on some occassions we will be getting him dressed, and we have always counted "1 leg, 2 legs" with him; well, now he says "That isn't my 1 leg this is my one leg." (Imagine his left one being the first leg and the right being the 2nd, he gets very adamant on which is what.) So, we take off his pants and re-do it.

5.) He doesn't eat at specified times. Again, my fault. He has always eaten like a bird throughout the day, picking from time to time. Lately because I do the menu's (which I still need to e-mail you) I usually only by food to go for the menus, and cook the meals that are on the menu, and only allow snacks that have been ear marked. So, Jeff or I usually end up going to the store to get more snacks.

6.) He will not sleep in his bed. So, we started letting him fall asleep on the couch (at his convenience of course) and then Jeff and I would at least be able to get a couple of hours of peaceful rest while he is in the living room.

I know that most of this is my fault. I give in, I don't have a good enough schedule, etc. I know all this. What I don't know is how to curtail all of this, but I am at my wits end. I know that I NEED to get all those things in order, but ALL of the kids are plain oppositional to everything I try and instill. He RULES almost everything I do. Sometimes, I can't get going in the mornings because he won't let me take a shower, get him dressed, or get out the door.

I know some of the things are cute, and it shows his indpendence, but Crys, it is crazy here in my house. I told my mom tonight "When will I be able to sit down at night have a cup of coffee and just relax?"

I sometimes think that maybe I am just exaggerating, but I don't know.

Moving on.....

This morning, Jadon woke up and again was complaining of chest/stomach pains. So, I kept him home AGAIN and took him into the doctor. The doctor ordered a blood test and x-rays of his belly because he thinks that with Jadon being so rough and tumble, not to mention how he fights with Codey, and taking into account that maybe he fell onto his handlebars, that somehow his pancreas got PUNCTURED and is LEAKING pancreatic enzymes into his abdominal cavity which is causing his stomach pain. So, we won't know anything for at least 2 days, when all the test results will get back. On the up side of this, the body will heal itself. If it is too severe then they will put him on steroids. IF it is not a pancreatic injury, then they think that it is going to be bruised organs, again caused from the same things.

Okay lady, I think that is it. I'm sorry it has been a woe-is-me kind of post, but I had to get it out of my head and onto "paper" (screen).

I miss ya and love ya dearly. Wish I was closer.

**Caleb was just told to lay down and he said in a very snarky tone: "I'm going to pet Titan."**

Jenn